The North & South Courses at Mill Creek Golf Course will reopen to the public at 8 am on Saturday, May 2 with adjusted operating hours on weekdays from 9-7 and weekends from 8 am to 7 pm.
The Wick Par-3 Course will open for the season on Monday, May 11 with the adjusted hours of 9 am to 6 pm. All golf facilities will operate under the latest guidelines for golf courses through the Mahoning County District Board of Health and Governor DeWine’s office.
These guidelines are to be followed under the mandated social distancing guidelines to ensure a safe environment. The guidelines are as follows and can be found on our website at www.millcreekmetroparks.org
Tee time booking online or by phone starting on May 2, 2020
• Credit card & cash payments in the golf shop are available, however credit cards are preferred.
• Maximum number of people allowed in the Golf Shop is 10 people using social distancing of 6 feet
▪ Recommending all customers wear masks when entering the Fieldhouse for payment
▪ Floors will be marked for spacing and traffic patterns with only two sets of doors to be open
▪ Fieldhouse restrooms are open
▪ Plexi-Glass added to the counter areas for safety – (Golf Shop & Hole #55)
• Walking is encouraged
• Riding (Encouraging riders to ride 1 person per cart).
• Operating hours on weekday from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm and weekends from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
• Last golf cart sold at 6 pm to ensure proper cleaning after each round.
Procedures for daily play
• Mill Creek staff to manage tee time check-in from the Golf Shop.
• Scorecards and pencils will be available on #1 & #10 tee boxes- Golfers are required to keep their pencils as we are looking for them not to be re-used by others.
• Flagsticks to be left in for play (Please do not touch or remove from hole).
• Putt stoppers will be placed in hole cup to prohibit reaching into the cup to retrieve golf ball.
• Ball washers and sand trap rakes are removed from the course for safety.
▪ Please use your feet to rake the sand traps.
• Mandatory for safety - Please remove all trash from golf carts upon completion of your round.
Social distancing policy
• Each member of the group to stand 6 ft. apart when teeing off.
• Cart paths on holes number #1 & #10 will be marked to keep carts properly spaced
▪ 6 feet apart while waiting to tee off
• Please - No shaking hands after player rounds.
• No gathering in groups before or after round of golf. The Fieldhouse porch will be closed to prevent gatherings.
• If you are sick, we ask that you please stay at home to prevent the spread of germs to other customers and golf operations staff.
• Hole #55 will be open for to-go orders only
The following golf facilities and programs will remain on-hold until further notice:
• Practice Range
• Mill Creek Golf Shop for retail/merchandise sales
• Golf lessons
• Golf & Recreation camps, clinics and schools
The MetroParks will closely monitor any new developments made by the Governor and the Ohio Department of Health and will adjust as necessary to help control the spread of COVID-19.